Back to the jungle!


"I could have killed 'em all, I could kill you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go.... Let it.. go. "

Remember these immortal lines from First Blood?!

You Don't?! Can't blame ya. Long gone are the days when they used to make movies which left an impression on you. Movies with heart, courage, blood, gore, justice, decapitated limbless men .

Gone are the glory days of real stunts, explosions, screeching cars, guns, grenades, wounds, scars n occasional boob here n there... Ok enough reminiscing.

You see I'm a simple guy..n I like simple action movies. Now what does a simple movie require?! A hero, A villain, A damsel in distress, A mission, Lots of killing n an awesome climax. Thats all I am looking for. A basic formula based movie. Too bad it's not what we usually get in cinemas these days. All thanks to stupid over the top scripts which are too complicated to begin with.. Gayish lookin' actors (keanu reeves) trying their hand at action, and to ruin it all.. the mother of all - C.G.I (computer generated imagery). Yes I personally hate C.G.I.. not cause it adds to the feel of the scene and not cause it makes the scene more rich.. but for the basic reason that it takes the believability factor out of the movie. It takes the soul of the movie n beats the shit out of it. (haven't you seen transformers?)

So.. skeptical about how the new Rambo flick in theater, I was nervous to go. Good thing that I did though. Cause it kicked Ass! !This is how movie making should be. Blood n Guts routine. Over the top non CGI based action. Loved it scene for scene. Stallone has proved once again that making good characters is what draws a person back in the seat. Case in point. John Rambo , jaison bourne and Rocky Balboa (yes i enjoyed rocky 6).

Anyhow.. I hope Hollywood wakes up to the needs of ol' timers like me n shelve out more real action based movies like this one. So give us back our gut spilling, decapitating, head exploding and boob flashing flicks OR I'll be forced to return to my stack of actual action greats like die hard's, terminator's for the 834th time.

2 comments:

So true man.
I was too nervous when i went for Rambo the day it got released.

But, hell yeah Lurved it from start to finish. Kickass movie. Hardcore R-rated brutal violence.

January 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

High five rohit! loved your blog style too! help a fellow blogger pimp out his page too?

January 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home